Friday, February 20, 2009

Way ahead

So I've finally decided what I'm going to do without looking back. I'm going to apply for MS/PhD for next year fall. I've started research work I want to get out before I apply. Its basically in the two areas I have been working most: Geo-coding addresses and Path finding.

Geo-coding for a country like India is beyond the realms of mathematical complexities. Yet, its something that must be done. I'm taking a different approach this time around. I'm working on getting parameters based on both textual match and geographic proximity to find a match. This approach, I believe, can work for a much wider array of input types.

The other, path finding, is a problem that has been worked on a lot by a lot of well renowned people. My idea is to develop an optimal parallel algorithm for a transportation (road) network.

Good luck to me!!!

No comments: